The majority of our membership are consumer members, who typically purchase produce baskets as well as other farm and value-added goods from the co-op. This consumer base supports our producer members to supply local, organic/ecologically responsible products. Consumer members are encouraged to participate in the co-op as board members, for event support, or ongoing projects. Benefits: Consumer members have access to a wide range of local organic products all year round! By The Bushel hosts events, tours and workshops for our consumer members to support knowledge sharing, community, and building food skills.
What you’ll get:
- access to the By the Bushel Basket subscription service, where you’ll have a basket of seasonal foods on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
- you can purchase our bounty of fresh seasonal veggies, locally sources meats, fresh dairy products and more
- you are now a voting member of the co-op and can attend board meeting and express your opinions
- being part of a passionate local community of eaters, growers and producers of healthy food
- you can submit recipes to this website to help inspire others to buy and eat local
Consumer memberships are $25.00
Please review our Consumer Member Responsibilites form 2016 and complete the BTB consumer member form 2017 to be submitted via email or in personal to our staff. Please note we require your signature page in order to fully incorporate your membership.
Sign up using one of the below methods:
-Sign up in person: Please sign and return your Membership Application form to our site location
-Sign up online: REGISTER ONLINE NOW. Remember to sign and return your Membership Application form to us. If you are already a member choose pay by cheque as your payment option and we will know that you have already paid.
-Sign up by mail: If you would prefer to pay by cheque: Please mail our printed form with your membership fee (cheque made out to: By the Bushel Co-op) to: By the Bushel Co-op, 542 Rogers Street, Peterborough, Ontario, K9H 1X2.