Recipe courtesy of My Clean Kitchen
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup winter squash puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl use a whisk to mix together the whole wheat pastry flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, and honey. Mix together with a wooden spoon, until well incorporated but being careful not to over mix. Gently stir in the butternut squash puree.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Remove from the loaf pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.